JAMSA Editorial Recruitment for Senior Peer Reviewers
The Journal of Asian Medical Students’ Association (JAMSA) (ISSN: 2226-3403) is an international peer-reviewed, online open-access student-led biomedical journal of the Asian Medical Students’ Association-International (AMSA International). It is published biannually and listed in ICMJE, member of the CrossRef, and indexed in Ulrichsweb, Google Scholar, ROAD (Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources) Indexing, Gale Cengage, BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine), and Genamics Journal Seek. Its vision is to foster student-led research in regions of Asia, Asia-Pacific, and beyond.
- Candidates should have published at least 2 articles in a peer-reviewed journal in his/her area of expertise.
- If the candidate is a medical practitioner, nurse, or allied health practitioner (e.g. pharmacists) –
- S/he must possess a valid degree from an accredited institution
- S/he must be actively practicing either as a healthcare worker or as a researcher, in the last six months
- It is preferred that s/he possesses specialist accreditation, if applicable, with local medical licensing authorities
- If not a medical practitioner –
- S/he must have at least completed a PhD or other advanced/professional degrees in related/relevant fields
- S/he must be employed at an educational or research institution in the last six months
- It is preferred that s/he is currently pursuing or has completed post-doctorate work
- Persons who were found guilty of acts of academic dishonesty will be barred.
Job description –
- Reviewers will be invited by the JAMSA Editorial Board to review the submitted manuscripts.
- We will aim to match the topic of the submitted manuscript to your specialty or field of expertise.
- Once the peer reviewer accepts the invitation to review, we will typically allow the reviewer 7-10 calendar days to critically review the manuscript. We may work on an alternate deadline when needed.
- Depending on the number of submissions for this tenure, senior reviewers should expect around 3-4 manuscripts to review.
- The peak period of submissions is expected to be around late December to January, and late May to June.
- Peer reviewers will be working closely with the JAMSA Editors.
Application Process –
The following documents should be sent to the Chief Editor of JAMSA.
- Applications may be sent to the Chief Editor ( firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ational.org), copying the Associate Editor (Original Research) firstname.lastname@example.org and Associate Editor (Review Research) email@example.com
- Letter of intent submitted in .pdf format and named SR | LI | Name | Country/Territory
- Curriculum Vitae submitted in .pdf format and named SR | CV | Name | Country/Territory
Outcome of Application
All applicants will be informed of the outcome. Accepted peer reviewers will be asked to sign an Undertaking indicating the terms of their appointment.
- Annual Certificate of Appreciation mentioned the number of Reviews contributed.
- Opportunity to bag Publons credits for reviewing articles for JAMSA.
- Experience in peer-reviewing